Apple and Carrot Muffins
2 cups flour of choice*
1 cup rolled oats
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup sugar
⅓ cup coconut or avocado oil
⅓ cup milk of choice
2 large eggs**
1 cup peeled and grated apple
1 cup grated carrot
- Preheat oven to 375o F (190oC).
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, oats, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, milk and eggs. Stir in the apple and carrot.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Divide the mixture into 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups.
- Bake for 17-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean.
*A combination of oat, almond and white flours were used for this recipe.
**For a vegan egg replacement, mix 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseeds with 3 tablespoons hot water and let stand for a few minutes (replaces one egg).